Sunday, 5 January 2014

The Volume of Silence

Not the official cover art
There you have it folks, the name of my poetry collection. Why The Volume of Silence, you ask?Because silence can be the loudest thing on Earth. Silence can speak in volumes. The poems that are in The Volume of Silence are poems about things you can't say and things you can't stop yourself from saying. It's about the way we connect with people, and the way we sometimes don't connect with people. It's a little bit of my mind and a whole lot of my heart and soul.

Obviously my simple graphic wont be the cover for what I hope to be a stunning collection of my work, but it sure does make a nice cover photo on my author page. I plan to have the manuscript complete and ready for submission by February ninth, my thirty-first birthday. So far there are forty three poems personally approved by me but I'm shooting for sixty.

Some of the poems that will be in the book, including the poem it's titled after, have already been published, but the bulk of the book will be made up of unpublished work. Some freshly written, some pulled from the archives and dusted off.

I can't wait to share it with all of you. If you want to get a taste of how I write, check here.

No comments:

Post a Comment